The 1 oz Krugerrand 2017 - celebrate 50 years of an iconic coin
The 1 oz Krugerrand 2017 is your opportunity to invest in a classic coin as it celebrates 50 years in existence. The South African gold Krugerrand was the world's first modern bullion coin and it marks its 50th anniversary in 2017. Krugerrands were launched in 1967 to introduce a wider audience to South African gold and by 1980 they accounted for 90% of the bullion coin market.
What makes the 1 oz Gold Krugerrand so special?
The 1 oz Krugerrand is one of the most recognised bullion coins in the world and one of the best-loved. It's the first choice of discerning investors who are attracted by the coin's popularity and stability. The 1 oz Krugerrand is likely to be in even higher demand as investors and collectors rush to buy the 50th-anniversary editions. Each coin features the famous portrait of Paul Kruger by Otto Schultz. He was the first president of South Africa and the Krugerrand is named for him. Its reverse shows the springbok, South Africa's national animal.
Highlights for investors include:
- 1 oz of .916 (22 carat) gold in each coin
- 50th-anniversary edition 2017
- Produced by the renowned South African Mint
- Reverse shows image of the springbok antelope by Coert Steynberg
- Obverse features the famous Otto Schultz portrait of Paul Kruger
- Available in mint tubes of 10 or individually packaged in plastic
- Best possible prices at StoneX Bullion.com
StoneX Bullion.com is pleased to offer its customers the 1 oz Krugerrand 2017. Mark the 50th year of one of the most famous bullion coins in the world with an investment that will retain its value even in times of strife. Demand is likely to be high so be sure to order quickly to avoid disappointment.