1/4 oz Queen's Beasts Black Bull Gold Coin (2018)
The powerful and significant Black Bull of Clarence is another addition to the highly loved and demanded Queens Beasts series.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Housed in protective packaging. 25+ pieces are come packaged in tubes.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 25 pounds.
- Reverse: Designed by Jody Clark, the design features the muscular Black Bull of Clarence rearing above a royal shield.
- Monarch coin backed by the British government.
Add the beautiful and powerful fifth coin of this exciting new 10 coin series to your cart today!
The entrance to Westminster Abbey was highly guarded by ten fantastical creatures when the Queen was crowned in 1953. The Queen’s six-foot tall beast statues symbolized the heritage and history Queen Elizabeth II inherited that day. The beast’s also known as royal protectors are portrayed in a collection in honour of them which has started the same year that the Queen became the world’s longest reigning living monarch.
The Black Bull is a "Yorkist" beast which came to The Queen through Edward IV, the first king of England from the House of York and one of the key players in the "Wars of the Roses". The bull is one of the most English and "earthy" of the beasts, a symbol of pride and patriotism.